I apologize for the lack of posts lately. I thought I'd make up for it by filling you in on the progress I've made on my ENG Sound Cart project. If you haven't already read it, you may want to go back and read the first post about how and why I started this project.
The last time you heard from me, I'd just finished a rough fitting of the shelves to the frame. I welded the shelves on, and they seemed to be sturdy enough to take the weight of a bag full of sound gear, but as you might expect, they were a little rough, so I covered them in epoxy to keep them from snagging any cables.
Finally I gave the whole cart a nice coating of spray enamel to protect the metal, but also to make it look nice.
Below you can see the view from the mixing position.